Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
For the last twelve months of my life I have watched people from right around the world who have grown so close and dear to me depart as their Disney College Program experience had come to an end. As I sit here typing this from my apartment here at Chatham Square for the last time, I have tears rolling down my cheeks. The Cirque du Soleil; La Nouba soundtrack is playing in the background; certain parts triggering my mind as I run through my queues in my head. Although I really should be packing, I can’t bring myself to realize that this amazing whirlwind of a life-changing experience is about to conclude.
Last night, sadly, after one entire year of working for Walt Disney at Cirque du Soleil, my Disney College Program came to an end. It was a series of many lasts:
- My last ride to work with Bryan; someone I have come to love so dearly
- My last time putting on my hideous blue pants and blazer
- My last time proudly wearing my Disney name tag
- My last time clocking into CDS for my final shift
- My last time laughing and joking around in the dungeon
- My last pre-shift meeting on the stairs before first show load
- My last time ushering a Cirque du Soleil show
- My last time assisting Disney World guests
- My last time calling cameras on the radio
- My last time screaming out ‘Mop Help’ to Lalita
- My last time working with a team of extremely amazing people from all over the world where I really feel like I belong
- My last time clocking out of CDS to mark the end of my final shift
- My last ride from work to Ale House to enjoy loaded fries and a few beers with my Cirque crew
- My last ride from Ale House back to Chatham Square with friends that have become family for me while I’ve been here
My time here on the Disney College Program has been something that words can’t even describe. Twelve months ago I would never have thought I’d have grown so attached to so many people. Everyone is so different and unique and it’s quite hard to sum them up. I love each of them all dearly and each for different reasons.
If any of you happen to read this, thank you all for being you! I love you all so much and and I am going to miss you all terribly. I will definitely be back to visit, sooner rather than later.
Again, thank you, it’s been a blast.