So you consider yourself a crazy traveler, hey? Well, I’m sure you’ve already heard about STA Travel’s ISIC card then, right? What! You haven’t? Where have you been living??? Dude, get with the times!
ISIC is an International Student Identity Card and is the only internationally accepted student ID card around the world. That’s right, the world! The ISIC has helped over 40 million students to get the most out of their travel experiences. If you have ever purchased travel from an STA branch, one of their friendly staff would more than likely have introduced you to this handy little piece of plastic. With access to a global network of affordable and specialised student services, the ISIC is your passport to more than 40,000 discounts and benefits in 106 countries worldwide. As a frequent traveller, I must say that the best perk this baby has to offer are the discount international airfares! I’m terribly saddened that my ISIC card and student status will come to an end in March of 2009. I will forever cherish the wonderful memories, dollars saved and travel discouts we have encountered together over these last few years *sniff*.
I shouldn’t start crying just yet though because STA Travel offer this card in various forms:
1. ISIC – International Student Identity Card: You have to specifically be a student to take advantage of some 40,000 global discounts this card has to offer.
2. International Youth Card: If you’re not a full time student and under 26 *raises hand* then you can still experience a plethora of global discounts by obtaining one of these cards.
3. International Teacher Identity Card: Need a holiday after dealing with screaming kids? This card offers a whole list of benefits and discounts for teachers who hold one of these babies.
What are the benefits of owning an ISIC you say? Well, here are just some:
– Internationally recognised poof of student status
– 1,200 discounts on flights, buses, trains and ferriers
– 2,800 discounts on entrance to the world’s leading museums and cultural sites
– 2,700 discounts on entertainment and attractions
– 2,400 discounts on youth hostels and hotels
– 21,000 discounts worldwide on bars, restaurants and shopping
– Access to a free 24 hour, multilingual ISIC Emergency Help Line
– ISICConnect an all-in-one discount communications package including phone, SMS, email and voicemail
– Access to a global network of 5,000 travel organisations that specialise in the needs of student and youth travellers in 106 countries
Sounds pretty cool, right? I’ve saved thousands on international airfares just by having one of these cards and purchasing my airfares through STA Travel. They really do cater to the student and young adult market and take care of everything to ensure your trip is an enjoyable one!
Where can you get yourself one of these cards? Well, you can either go directly into an STA Travel branch and get one made up or you can apply for one online. They only cost $25 which, in all honesty, is peanuts when you compare it to the dollars you will be saving with this card in the future. Easy peasey.
Travel is always more enjoyable when you know you are getting the best deal on it!